- 3 large whole sweet peppers
- 1 pound of bow-tie (farfalle) pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, drained chickpeas
- 1 cup diced salami, mortadella or pepperoni
- 1/2 pound fresh diced mozzarella
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grill peppers uncovered, until soft, black and blistered on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let steam and cool in a paper bag and then peel off the skins. Slit down one side and remove the seeds and stems. Dice to the size of bow-tie pasta.
Cook pasta, drain, toss with olive oil and lemon juice, then add peppers, chickpeas, diced meat and cheese, and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Serves 6.