Recipe provided by Ohio Poultry Association.
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (2.1 oz) box cooked bacon strips
- 2 teaspoons prepared roasted garlic
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup hot cooking liquid. Reheat 12 bacon strips in the microwave, according to package directions. Cool and crumble. Set aside. Combine milk, garlic, salt, pepper and eggs, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add reserved hot cooking liquid to cornstarch, and then add to the milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add pasta, milk mixture and peas to skillet. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add bacon and cheese; stir to combine.
Posted in Pasta