Peppermint Mocha Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 soft peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and 1 cup chocolate morsels in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture into a large mixer bowl; add sugar and beat until combined.
- Add coffee granules, vanilla extract and peppermint extract; beat just until combined.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour and baking powder, mixing until all is incorporated.
- Fold in remaining 2 cups chocolate morsels.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart, using a medium size cookie scoop.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little of the crushed peppermint candies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
(Makes 36 cookies)
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes