- 6 whole-wheat pitas (about 4 1/2-inch rounds)
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce, no salt added, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella or cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into rings and cut in half
- 6 large basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pitas on a greased cookie tray.
- For each pita, top with 2 tablespoons tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top of sauce.
- Make a face using 2 olives for eyes, 1 tomato slice for nose and 1 red pepper strip for smile.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While baking, tear each basil leaf into 4 parts, using 2 pieces for eyebrows and 2 pieces for a bowtie.
- Place on pizza after slightly cooled.