- 6 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons shortening OR vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (1/2 of 2-oz. box)
- 2 s long-grain rice
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 oz.) jar diced OR sliced pimientos, drained
- hot water
Heat oven to 350°. In large skillet brown chops, 3 at a time, in hot shortening or oil 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Spread uncooked rice in 9×13-inch baking dish. Measure 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix; set aside. Sprinkle remaining dry onion soup mix over rice. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Arrange mushrooms and pimiento over rice. Add enough hot water to reserved mushroom liquid to make 3 cups total liquid; pour over rice. Arrange chops on top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 minutes (time required to cook rice). Uncover and continue baking until excess liquid evaporates. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.