- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb*, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 tablespoons confectioners? sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In bowl, combine flour and salt. Add oil and milk, tossing with fork until mixture forms a ball.
Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
In another bowl, combine rhubarb, raspberries, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Unwrap dough and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with waxed paper and roll the dough into an 11-inch circle. Discard waxed paper.
Spoon fruit mixture into center of dough to within 2 inches of edges. Fold edges of dough over fruit, leaving center uncovered. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove to wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm tart. Makes 2 servings.
Note: If using frozen rhubarb, measure it while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in colander, but do not press liquid out.