- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-in. strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 lb. hard salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
In large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In large bowl, combine asparagus, red pepper, onion, salami and feta cheese. In small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with slotted spoon.
A colorful and delicious dish to take to potlucks. Serve with French bread for a light supper.