Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 4 cups carrots, cubed
- 4 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 2 (14 oz.) cans sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh Polish sausage, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or 1 (12 oz.) can beer
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Layer carrots, potatoes, and sauerkraut in cooker. Brown sausage in skillet. Transfer to slow cooker. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in liquid. Bring to boil. Stir to loosen brown bits. Stir in sugar, pepper and caraway seeds. Pour over sausage. Cover. Cook on low 8 to 9 hours.