- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups day-old bread cubes
- 2 teaspoons winter savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
Cook celery, onion and parsley in butter over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
Add savory and continue cooking until onions are soft and tender.
Place bread cubes in large bowl and pour in vegetables.
Add salt, pepper and broth and mix well.
Place in a greased 9 by 9-inch pan and bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or stuff lightly into the cavity of an 18 to 20 pound turkey.
Cook until stuffing reaches 165°.