- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green or red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese (2 oz), divided
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell peppers, onion and Italian seasoning; sauté until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Pour over vegetables in skillet; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Reduce heat to medium. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking ? pulling, lifting and folding eggs ? until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat. Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on each muffin half. Top with eggs and remaining cheese, dividing evenly.
Recipe provided by American Egg Board.