- Easy for a potluck or picnic.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (31 oz.) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1/4 ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Spoon off and discard about 1/3 cup juices from pork and beans. Cut up bacon and micro-cook in 1 1/2 quart casserole, covered with paper towels, on 100% power (high) 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring once. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Drain bacon and set aside. In casserole, cook onion in reserved drippings, uncovered, on high 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until tender. Stir in pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar or molasses, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, covered, on high 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Top with bacon. Let stand 5 minutes.