- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped (or 1/3 cup dried minced onion)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To freeze: Brown and drain the ground beef (either sauté the raw onion with the beef or add the minced dried onion after browning the beef).
- Cool ground beef, toss in a freezer bag with all the other ingredients, and freeze.
- To use, thaw and reheat in a pan until warmed through.
- To make without freezing, brown the beef and sauté the onion.
- Then add all the other ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until sauce has thickened and divide between 4 hamburger buns and serve.