Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox