Spaghetti Squash with Lemon and Capers
- 2 large spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini (rind only)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato (peeled and seeded)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cut both squash in 1/2 lengthwise and scoop out all seeds.
- Rub them inside and out with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on a sheet pan or cookie sheet and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with a little pressure, about 20 minutes.
- When they are done, scrape the meat out with a fork and reserve, keeping warm.
- In a hot skillet, melt the butter and continue to cook until dark brown.
- Add the capers, zucchini and bell pepper to stop the butter from cooking any further, and cook, stirring, until tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the squash, butter sauce, and tomatoes and serve.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox