Spice Cake Mix submitted by Debbie Flinner
- 1 1/2 whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered instant dry milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Layer the ingredients in the order given into a wide mouth 1-quart canning jar.
- Pack each layer into place before adding the next ingredient.
- Attach a gift tag with the mixing and baking instructions.
- Spice Cake Mix
- Directions: 1 jar spice cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce and eggs.
- Add the spice cake mix and stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Spread batter into a well greased tube pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before removing from pan.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes