Spiced Peach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and water.
- Tie cloves and cinnamon in a cheesecloth bag; place in the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard spice bag.
- Add gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside.
- Add water to syrup to equal 2 cups.
- Add to gelatin mixture; stir well.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Thinly slice peaches; add to gelatin.
- Pour into a 2-quart glass bowl; chill until firm.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes