- 1 onion, chopped
- 2/3 finely chopped scallion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 pickled jalape?o pepper, or to taste, minced (wear rubber gloves)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 drops of Tabasco, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 18 chicken wings (about 3 1/4 pounds), wing tips cut off and reserved for another use
Make the marinade: In food processor or blender pur?e onion, scallion, garlic, thyme, salt, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, jalape?o, black pepper, Tabasco, soy sauce and oil.
In large shallow dish arrange wings in one layer and spoon marinade over them, rubbing it in (wear rubber gloves). Let wings marinate, covered and chilled, turning once, at least 1 hour or, preferably, overnight.
Arrange wings in one layer on oiled rack set over foil-lined roasting pan, spoon marinade over wings and bake in upper third of preheated 450° oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until cooked through.