Spoon Bread with Green Chiles
- 1 can (12 fl. ounce) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounce) diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 1-quart casserole dish.
- Combine evaporated milk, water, corn meal and salt in large saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in chiles, sugar and cilantro.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared ovenproof dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake for additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes