State Fair Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 package Mrs. Wages Fruit Pectin Home Jell
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice and pectin in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Return to rolling boil and add butter.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam that forms on top of jam.
- Ladle mixture into hot, clean jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with two-piece lids.
- Twist lid bands so not loose but not too tight.
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath canner.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes