- 5 quarts strawberries, hulled
- orange peel, grated from 3 oranges
- orange juice, from 3 oranges
- lemon peel, grated from 1 lemon
- sugar, 3/4 of weight of berries
- 1 almonds, blanched and quartered
Weigh berries to determine amount of sugar needed. Combine berries, orange peel, orange juice and lemon peel in large pan. Pour sugar over mixture and mix well. Let stand overnight. Cook over medium-high heat 35 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Add almonds and continue cooking 10 minutes more. Pour into hot, clean jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Seal with rings and dome lids according to manufacturer’s directions. Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes. Makes 7 1/2 pints.