- 1 3/4 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 10 to 12-ounce jar strawberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.
- Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread with the strawberry preserves.
- Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly.
- Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely, and then cut into squares.