- 1 cup gingersnaps (finely crumbed, or graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted, melted)
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz, light, softened)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes (mashed, peeled and cooked)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (finely shredded)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup milk (evaporated)
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of an 8 inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sweet potatoes, egg white, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel and the vanilla until combined.
- DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- Stir in milk.
- Carefully pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes until center appears set.
- Cool on wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with dessert topping and orange peel.