Sweet and Salty Ice Cream Pie
For the pie:
- 2 cups pretzels, finely ground
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 5 1.4-ounce chocolate covered toffee bars, crushed
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let soften 5 minutes.
- Place ice cream in bowl of electric mixer.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add crushed toffee bars and peanuts.
- Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Cover and freeze until completely firm.
- To make caramel sauce, combine brown sugar, butter, heavy cream and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Let cool.
- Serve pie with caramel sauce.
- Garnish with extra toffee pieces and peanuts.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox