- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (4 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 package (5 oz) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°) to medium (160°) doneness, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Recipe provided by The Beef Checkoff.