- 3 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add wings; toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°.
- Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for about 9 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a saucepan combine soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Dip fried wings briefly in sauce; serve immediately.