- 1 1/2 cups biscotti cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- 3 cups (12 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini-chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crumbs, butter and espresso granules; mix well. Press into and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside. Beat together Ricotta cheese, Mascarpone cheese, espresso granules, sugar and flour. In another bowl, combine eggs, brandy and vanilla. Add to cheese mixture and blend thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared crust and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (top will be slightly loose). Turn off oven and let cake cool in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides from springform pan and sprinkle cake with cocoa powder, if desired. Garnish with coffee beans before serving.
Recipe provided by Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.