Top Loin Steaks with Red Wine Sauce
- 2 boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1-inch thick or beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Red Wine Sauce:
- 1 tabelspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Press lemon pepper evenly onto beef steaks.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook top loin steaks 12 to 15 minutes (shoulder top blade steaks 13 to 15 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove to platter; keep warm.
- To prepare Red Wine Sauce, add oil to same skillet and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 20 to 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add wine; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in broth, cream and black pepper.
- Continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt, as desired.
- Spoon sauce over steaks.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired. Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- Recipe Tips: Beef shoulder center (ranch) steaks, cut 1-inch thick may be substituted for top loin and flat iron steaks.
- Cook 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning twice.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox