- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups undiluted canned beef broth
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 s fresh corn
- shredded lettuce
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- tortilla chips
Combine finely chopped tomatoes, green onions, 3 tablespoons chopped green chiles, coriander, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Cover salsa and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
Combine beef, broth, onion slices, red pepper and 1 can chopped green chiles in large Dutch oven. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender.
Add corn, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and one tablespoon chilled salsa; stir well. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Top soup with remaining salsa, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.