- 1 uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 qt. water
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
- 1 red, orange, and/or yellow bell peppers, seeded, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 fresh parsley, chopped, packed
- 2 cans tuna, packed in water, drain water out and add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 to 1/3 head iceberg lettuce, sliced first and roughly chopped into 2 inch long strips
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper
In saucepan, add 1 cup elbow macaroni to 1 quart boiling water with added teaspoon of salt. Simmer, either covered or uncovered, about 10 minutes until macaroni is just a little more cooked than al dente. When ready, remove from heat, drain, and rinse with cold water.
While macaroni is cooking, assemble other ingredients. In large bowl mix green onion, bell peppers, parsley, tuna, celery and lemon. Fold in iceberg lettuce and mayonnaise until well mixed. Add paprika. Add fresh ground pepper to taste. Add drained macaroni, mix and chill.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox