Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsps McCormick® Coconut Extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
Ingredients for Coconut Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tsp McCormick® Coconut Extract
- 1 box (16 oz) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the Cake, spray 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with no stick cooking spray. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk on low speed until just blended. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- For the Frosting, beat butter and extract in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in desired amount of milk until light and fluffy.
- Fill and frost cooled cake with Frosting.
- Sprinkle top of frosted cake with toasted coconut.