- 2 zucchinis (2 1/2 cups), chopped
- 4 carrots (1 1/4 cups), grated
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- Low fat cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 (6 inch) whole wheat mini-pitas
Wash vegetables. Remove broccoli from stems, cut the flowers into small florets and put into mixing bowl. Peel and grate carrots. Put into mixing bowl. Slice the zucchini into thin slices and quarter. Put into mixing bowl. Grate the cheese and put into separate bowl. Mix all the spices (oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder) together in separate bowl. Heat oil in a skillet. Add the spices first to the oil and than the vegetables. Saute for about 5 minutes. When the vegetables are slightly tender, remove from heat. Spoon into pita and top the hot vegetables with 1 oz of grated cheese.
Produce for Better Health Foundation.