Submitted by Betsy Wright, of Newark, Ohio.
- 5-8 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour will do)
- Mix up like any pie crust directions say. Roll out into a 9 by 13 inch rectangle.
- Leftover turkey
- 1 quart canned garden carrots
- 1 quart canned green beans
- 1 bag (2 cups) frozen, homegrown corn
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Makes a 9 by 13 pot pie
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Heat, while stirring, for a couple minutes (until bubbling).
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thick.
- Add in turkey leftovers, carrots, green beans, and corn.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the turkey mixture into a greased 9 by 13 casserole dish.
- Lay whole wheat pie crust over the top and make a couple slits in it for venting.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until filling is bubbly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- If you have a lot of leftovers, this can be doubled and placed in freezer before baking in the oven.
- On day of serving: Thaw 1 hour.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- Bake 55-60 minutes longer until filling is bubbling.