- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 of 1-ounce package ranch-style dip mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded zucchini
- Fill a deep-fat fryer or skillet with oil to a 2-inch depth.
- Heat to 375°. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a bowl.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
- Fry until deep golden brown, turning once.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Yield: 1 1/2 to 2 dozen.