Zucchini and Italian Sausage Quiche
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 10-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Sauté zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Remove sausage casings and crumble the meat into a skillet.
- Fry in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until done.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Spread zucchini in bottom of pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with Swiss Cheese and crumbled sausage.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, cream, Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour in shell.
- Bake at 450°F 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350°F and bake 15 minutes or until firm.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox