- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2?3 cup toasted and chopped pecans or walnuts
Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350?F. Spray muffin pan (12 muffin cups total) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together eggs, applesauce, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until just barely blended (there may be a few small lumps). Gently stir in zucchinis, raisins, and nuts. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin pans from oven and let muffins stand for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and place them on a wire rack to finish cooling.