- Cooking spray
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cooked pork tenderloin (1 pound), trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Spray large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place coleslaw mix and green onions in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on high until softened, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Finely chop the tenderloin.
- Combine tenderloin, coleslaw mixture, cilantro and hoisin sauce in large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Working with 1 egg roll wrapper at a time (keep remaining wrappers covered to prevent drying), place wrapper on a work surface with one corner pointing toward you.
- Brush edge of wrapper with water.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup pork tenderloin mixture in the center of wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner of wrapper over filling.
- Fold in sides and roll up.
- Don’t worry if your first egg roll doesn’t look perfect; you’ll master the easy technique after rolling a couple.
- Place egg roll seam-side down on plate and cover with damp paper towels to prevent drying.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Arrange egg rolls in a single layer seam-side down in prepared baking pan.
- Lightly spray egg rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Turn egg rolls and bake until tops are lightly browned, about 3 minutes longer.
- Serve hot or warm.
You can also substitute the pork tenderloin with chicken or ground turkey for a healthier option.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!