- 1 extra-large butternut squash cut in half
- 1 (14 oz.) can vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 packet Sazon Ham seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cayenne peppers, sliced thin
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Heat oven to 350. Place squash halves on a foil lined baking sheet, cut side up. Cover with foil and cook soft, approximately 1 hour. Remove from oven. Clean squash of seeds and peels, placing squash meat in a crockpot. Use bacon grease to cook sliced peppers. If not adding bacon, saute pepper pieces in 3 teaspoons oil. Empty skillet contents (oil included) into crock. Pour broth, equal amount water, ham seasoning, garlic and onion powders in crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours. Working inside the crock, use a whisk to process squash soup to desired consistency. Add cream to crock. Stir well. Top with crumbled bacon and soft bread rolls.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!