- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) green food color
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 container (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting or vanilla cream cheese frosting (recipe follows)
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Minty Green Cream Cheese Frosting:
Stir 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract and 1/2 teaspoon green food color into canned cream cheese frosting or vanilla cream cheese frosting.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened; 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened; 2 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners? sugar until smooth.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!