- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 ounces reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 4 even 1/2-ounce pieces
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix beef with onion and parsley.
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions.
- Divide each individual portion in half so you have 8 equal portions.
- Flatten 4 portions into rounds. Place a 1/2-ounce piece of cheese on top of each round.
- Flatten the remaining 4 portions of beef into rounds, place on top of cheese then seal edges of rounds together, sealing cheese in.
- Grill (covered with grill lid) at 400-450° about 5-7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Top each burger with lettuce and sliced tomatoes and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!