- 2 (15 ounces each) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg or use freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pie crust, 9-inch, baked, cooled
In mixing bowl with electric hand-held mixer, beat drained beans until smooth. Beat in eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. In separate bowl, combine baking powder and milk. Add to bean mixture. Beat mixture well to blend; pour into cooled pie shell. Bake pie in preheated 350° oven for 50 minutes, or until set. Let pie cool before serving.
A bean pie recipe with Great Northern beans, butter, and spices.