- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 extra-thick slices Maplewood smoked bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- Combine Ground Beef, beer and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid.
- Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns; top with bacon slices.
- Close sandwiches.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!