- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Cajun-style blackened seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (24 oz.) jars meatless spaghetti sauce
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, melt 1 T. of butter in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces; cook and stir until browned. Season with blackened seasoning, remove chicken from wok and set aside. Melt remaining butter in wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook and stir until fragrant and beginning to brown. Add green, red and yellow pepper strips, and season with red pepper flakes, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until peppers are hot. Return chicken to wok and pour in spaghetti sauce. Heat through and serve over pasta.
With Cajun seasoning, garlic, pepper flakes and curry powder, this recipe lives up to its name; ?rasta? loosely translated can mean ?to be feared?. The website where I found it gave this three 5-star ratings.