FSA was among several local government agencies closed during the furlough. Some producers have contacted FSA concerned about various issues that should have been completed during the shut-down. At this time only a few details have been provided from the FSA State Office. Since government agencies do not plan for such events, start up of certain computer programs could take some time. Currently only a portion of FSA computer operations are functioning.
FSA expects all operations to return to normal very soon. Until then the following information was provided.
- Payments that are received by FSA will be credited with the postmark date.
- Commodity loans for 2013 crops will not be available until after Nov. 1.
- Acreage reporting date of Nov. 15 will still apply for fall seeded small grains and hay.
- The Facility Loan program will continue even without a farm bill. The current interest rate is 2.25%.
- Dairy producers participating in the MILC program have until November 1 to provide production evidence.
- FSA payments due in October to producers will be issued as soon as possible.
Producers can call the local FSA office with any questions or additional information.
That’s all for now,
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!