LONDON, Ohio — There is a chance for one more agronomic crops field day, Sept. 17, 18 and 19, at OSU Farm Science Review, at the Molly Caren Agricultural Center, near London Ohio.
- Nutrient management.
- Soybean weed control.
- Corn management for high yield.
- Maximizing soybean yield.
- Origins of modern soybean genetics.
- North America’s most exported crop – from Teosinte to modern hybrid corn production – the history of corn; and where do those hybrids come from?
- Bio-fuel alternatives, with Dennis Pennington from Michigan State University’s Kellogg Center, demonstrating the bio-energy pellet machine each day at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Soybean aphid resistance, and other late season insect pests
- Disease control of corn and things that can go wrong.
In the Agronomy Demonstration Plots are scheduled speakers at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day, and individual plot tours with OSU Extension field specialists.
Leave a Comment
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox