– Don R. Wallick Auctions Inc. of Strasburg, Ohio, held a real estate auction of the Harriett B. Snoga estate in Uhrichsville, Ohio, March 14.
The 221 acres were sold as an entirety for $475,000.
– Auctioneer Nick Cummings of Schrader Real Estate and Auction Co. Inc. of Columbia City, Ind., held a land auction March 11 with 57 registered bidders in Mount Sterling, Ohio. The 400+/- acres of prime corn and soybean farmland was offered in eight tracts and was ordered by the Jessie A. Tootle estate.
Tracts one through three and five through eight, consisting of 397+/- acres, sold for a total of $1,800,000. Tract four, consisting of 4+/- acres and a country home, sold for $77,000.
– Curt Yoder of Dave Kaufman Auctions held the Jim Lorenz farm auction with 294 registered bidders March 6 in Sugarcreek, Ohio.
The top-selling item was a John Deere 4650 tractor for $36,000.
Other highlights included a John Deere 4450 tractor for $34,000; a John Deere 4020 tractor for $15,000; a John Deere 7200 planter for $14,500; a Miller Pro silage wagon for $11,000; a Knight spreader for $11,000; a John Deere 3010 tractor for $7,750; a John Deere 2030 tractor for $6,500; a Gehl silage blower for $5,600 and a Moritz trailer for $4,500.
– Garner Auctioneers LLC of Carrollton, Ohio, held an auction featuring firearms, German World War II items and Civil War books March 14.
The top-selling item was a Remington mod. 1100 12 ga, V.R. screw in choke tube, in box for $450.
Other top-selling items included a Thompson Center Hawkins Cougar B.P. 45 cal, unfired in box for $400; a Ruger new model Black Hawk 357 mag, new in box for $400; a Whitney 22 semi auto for $230; a Haskell mod. JS 45 cal for $225; a Hamilton mod. 39 22S made in 1922-1930 for $220; a US Springfield mod. 1898 30-40krag stock changed for $160; an Enfield Great Britian #2 Mark 1 38 S&W 1937 for $140 and a Stevens Maymard Jr. 1/2 actg-1/2 round bbl for $140.
– Bill Stepp, auctioneer for Dilgard and Associates of Ashland, Ohio, conducted the Zimmer farm equipment auction March 14 in Mansfield, Ohio, for more than 200 registered bidders.
The top-selling item was a John Deere 8200 tractor for $65,000.
Other highlights on the beautiful spring day included a John Deere 7600 tractor for $34,000; a corn planter for $15,500; a Case backhoe for $13,500; an International grain truck for $10,250; a Sunflower disc for $8,250 and a John Deere chisel plow for $4,500.
Auction Roundup is a free weekly feature offered by Farm and Dairy. Any auctioneer interested in submitting information from a recent farm, household, real estate or antique/collectible auction that was advertised in Farm and Dairy should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 330-337-9550 or call 800-837-3419. Auction reports should be brief and are subject to editing based on available space.