INDIANAPOLIS — Mycogen Seeds is adding 19 new corn hybrids to the lineup for the 2015 growing season.
“Many of these new hybrids feature our SmartStax® Refuge Advanced® technology for maximum protection of the genetic potential and planting convenience,” said Hank King, U.S. corn marketing leader for Mycogen Seeds.
“We pressure-test our corn hybrids in more than 1 million research plots across 300 U.S. testing environments to better understand the challenges growers have on their local farm and give them the genetic and trait solutions they need,” said King.
“With our extensive testing program and continued investments in research and development, we are delivering top-performing products such as these.”
New corn hybrids:
• 2R042 is a 77-day hybrid with strong stalks, good late-season intactness, husk coverage and grain drydown. With above average emergence in cold, wet soils, this hybrid is a strong choice for no-till fields.
• 2D144 is an 83-day hybrid with very good husk coverage, grain quality and test weight.
This hybrid has great stress tolerance and late-season intactness, making it a strong choice for higher yields on tougher soils and growing environments.
• 2P198 is an 85-day SmartStax Refuge Advanced hybrid with good husk coverage and tip fill.
• 2P198 features consistent ear fill and yield performance across a wide variety of environments.
• 2T277 is an 87-day SmartStax Refuge Advanced hybrid and a good candidate for reduced tillage systems. Featuring good stress-tolerance, this hybrid emerges early and maintains strong roots and delivers very stable yields.
• 2V489 is a 99-day SmartStax Refuge Advanced hybrid with strong emergence and early vigor for all reduced tillage applications.
The consistent and semi-determinate ears provide top-end yields across different soil types. The strong stalks and roots also are suited for poorly drained soils.
• 2T619 is a 106-day SmartStax Refuge Advanced hybrid with very good late-season intactness for delayed harvest situations.
• 2T619 features consistent ear development, semi-flexible ear style and good grain quality for top-end yields.
• 2A627 is a 107-day SmartStax® Refuge Advanced® hybrid for high yields and yield stability. This attractive, medium-tall plant features strong stalks and roots.
• 2A627 has a good disease package with tolerance to gray leaf spot, northern corn leaf blight and Goss’s wilt.
• 2J638 is a 107-day SmartStax Refuge Advanced hybrid with strong early season emergence, vigor and grain quality for the central Corn Belt. This hybrid responds well to management in high-yield environments.
• 2Y669 is a 108-day SmartStax Refuge Advanced hybrid with a very good disease package, including tolerance to gray leaf spot, northern corn leaf blight and Goss’s wilt. With consistent ear development, this hybrid has eye appeal, good grain quality and very attractive top-end yield potential.
• 2Y744 is a 113-day hybrid with excellent emergence and early vigor.
• 2Y744 features solid stalks, excellent roots and large ear flex for top-end yield performance. This new hybrid responds best to high management practices.
For more information about these or other Mycogen® brand products, contact your local Mycogen Seeds dealer or sales representative or visit www.mycogen.com.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!