COLUMBUS — The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Forestry will host five open houses in July.
The public is invited to attend, ask questions, and submit written comments on state forest management plans at any of the following dates and locations from
• 4-7 p.m. (presentation at 5:30 p.m.). July 11: Maumee State Forest Headquarters, 3390 County Rd. D, Swanton, Ohio 43558; Phone: (419) 822-3052.
• 4-7 p.m. (presentation at 5:30 p.m.) July 19: Mohioican Memorial State Forest Headquarters, 3060 County Road 939, Perrysville, Ohio 44864; (Mailing address: 945 ODNR Mohioican Road 60, Perrysville, Ohio 44864; Phone: (419) 938-6222.
• 4-7 p.m. (presentation at 5:30 p.m.) July 21: Fernwood State Forest Headquarters, 11 Township Road 181, Bloomingdale, Ohio 43910; Phone: (740) 266-602.
• 5-8 p.m. (presentation at 6 p.m.) July 27: Athens Division of Wildlife District 4 Headquarters, 360 E. State St., Athens, Ohio 45701; Phone: (740) 589-9901.
• 5-8 p.m. (presentation at 6 p.m.) July 28: Shawnee State Forest Headquarters, 13291 U. S. 52, West Portsmouth, Ohio 45663; Phone: (740) 858-6685.
Each year the ODNR Division of Forestry hosts open houses for interested citizens and neighbors, and displays planned forest management projects for the upcoming year.
These proposed projects include timber harvesting, prescribed burning, timber cruising, treating invasive species, recreation trails, and facility maintenance.
Comment cards will be available during the open houses for visitors to provide feedback on state forest management. Open House information is currently posted to the Division’s website at www.Ohiodnr.com/forestry.