Submitted by: Jennifer Miller of Sugarcreek, OH
Yield: 15 Servings
- 2 qts. whole milk
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 level Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat milk to boiling point, just until it begins to rise. Remove from heat immediately.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into a 4-quart glass or metal mixing bowl. Beat on high speed with electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Add sugars, flour and vanilla; beat until smooth. Carefully add hot milk and mix thoroughly on low speed until well combined.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-by-13-inch stainless steel baking pan. Bake for three minutes only, and then turn the oven off and let set without opening the oven for for at least four hours.
- Remove and cool completely, and then cover and chill in refrigerator.
- May be served warm or cold, with fruit of your choice, if desired.
Note: For a smaller amount, a half batch can be made in a 9-by-13-inch or 9-by-9-inch pan; following the same baking instructions.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!