- 1 1/2 s thick and chunky salsa (divided)
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/3 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Colby and/or Monterey Jack cheese
Remember to wash your hands. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1/2 cup salsa in bottom of 9×9-inch square baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Cut or tear tortillas in half and use four pieces to cover bottom of dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup salsa, the onion, beans and chicken. Spoon half of this chicken mixture over tortillas. Top with half the sour cream, then half the cheese. Continue layering with remaining tortilla halves, chicken mixture, sour cream and cheese. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese melts.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!