- 1 boneless corned beef brisket with seasoning packet (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 bottle (12 oz) cola
- 1 pound green cabbage, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 baby carrots, trimmed, or 4 medium carrots, cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Red Currant-Mustard Sauce
- 1 jar (12 oz) red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
Place celery and onions in slow cooker; top with corned beef brisket. Sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over brisket. Add 2 cups water and cola. Cover; cook on high 6 to 7 hours, or on low 9 to 10 hours, or until brisket is fork-tender. No stirring is necessary during cooking. Meanwhile, place cabbage, potatoes and carrots in 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; add remaining 1/2 cup water. Cover; microwave on high 15 to 18 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring or rearranging once. Drain; remove and discard cores from cabbage wedges. Add butter; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss to coat; keep warm. Prepare Red Currant-Mustard Sauce. Place jelly in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Whisk in mustard. Cover; microwave on high 30 seconds. Stir; keep warm. Remove brisket and carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!